Dynamically manage audio routing
Something is needed to manage audio routing according to policies specified both statically and by user configuration. A preliminary set of use cases is as follows:
- Ring tones and notification sounds should play through the speakerphone and not the earpiece.
- Call audio should be switchable between the speakerphone and earpiece.
- Media playback, notification sounds and call audio should be routed to a Bluetooth headset when one is connected.
- Media playback should be muted when a call comes in.
- While using turn-by-turn navigation, the navigation audio should be reduced in volume or muted when a call comes in.
- Audio routing policy should integrate with other feedback settings (#87 (closed))
- Automotive Grade Linux
- Advanced Audio Architecture: https://docs.automotivelinux.org/docs/en/guppy/apis_services/reference/audio/4a-framework/README.html
- WirePlumber: https://fosdem.org/2020/schedule/event/ema_pipewire/
- GENIVI Audio Manager: https://at.projects.genivi.org/wiki/display/PROJ/Audio+Manager
- Murphy: https://01.org/murphy https://github.com/intel/murphy
- Murphy and GENIVI Audio Manager: https://wiki.tizen.org/IVI/Genivi_Audio_Manager_%26_Murphy_Demo
- Audio Framework: https://developer.tizen.org/development/guides/native-application/media-and-camera/sound-manager?langswitch=en
- Mer (/Meego/Maemo/Sailfish/Nemo Mobile)
- Chromium OS Audio Server: https://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/chromiumos-design-docs/cras-chromeos-audio-server
Pulseaudio mailing list feedback: https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/pulseaudio-discuss/2019-December/031563.html