SIP UI design
As I'm currently working on SIP I slowly get into the terrain where I would need to touch the UI.
I've had a look at the existing designs https://gitlab.gnome.org/Teams/Design/app-mockups/blob/master/calls/calls.png which are very nice!
However I've noticed a few things which are not yet covered
- For SIP as well as Matrix it would be nice to be able to go online/offline when you don't want to be reachable - this could also be useful for PSTN telephony to auto-reject calls (just thinking out loud - there is also #26 so maybe out of scope here)
- There should be some UI where you can add SIP/Matrix Accounts (possibly the same as we currently have in chatty for XMPP/Matrix?) Things needed for me: Username, Password, Host, Port and Protocol (TCP, UDP and TLS would be the options)
- The "numbers" for SIP would look like
sip:email@example.com(there could also be
sips:but this doesn't have to be user supplied - I imagine we default to the
sips:scheme when using TLS for the signaling and
sip:otherwise) and the user needs to be able to input that
- Setting STUN server would also make sense
- I originally thought to bind using TLS for the signaling to using encrypted media streams (SRTP), but it would probably make sense to have an extra option for this
- Proxy setting also makes sense
- for TLS specifying certificates (as jami does) is also a good idea