Can't start new SMS conversations
On my Birch device using the staging repos I currently get this flow when trying to send an SMS:
- Open the app
- Tap the + button.
- On the "Start Chat" view my contacts with phone numbers from Contacts are not showing up
- Tap the "new contact" button.
- On the "New Contact" view, the only clickable button is "Add to Contacts"
- I'm in Contacts now? I just wanted to send an SMS :D
The only way to send a message to a new number at the moment seems to be typing it into the search entry on the "Start Chat" view. However, this doesn't work either because if I type in a number and tap the "Send to" list item that appears, nothing happens.
I'm not sure what exactly is going wrong here, but ideally:
- The "Start Chat" view should show my contacts that have phone numbers
- The "New Contact" view needs to do something useful, otherwise we can go directly to Contacts
Edit: It's possible that this is an issue with my SIM not working (this was the first cellular-related task I tried to do on this device). If so, perhaps this is mostly a problem with error handling when the SIM isn't working?