Outline the release process for documentation
Possibly something for the developer site rather than elsewhere, we need to describe the process that should be followed when new products (software releases, hardware shipments) are made.
Before the release:
- Create a branch for the quick start guide and update it to match the state of the phone's hardware and software for that iteration: Birch, Chestnut, etc.
- Update the package version
- Tag and sign the release commit, push to GitLab
- Update the common user guide files with new information
- Update the Hardware Reference with information about the latest iteration of the phone
- Add the new quick start guide to the page for that iteration
- Add schematics and other materials
When the release occurs:
- Make a note of the release date
- Obtain the system image flashed onto the phones - this should be in storage
- Run the tool to extract copyright and license information
- Upload the information to developer.puri.sm
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information