Add 'strategy' section in the FAQ
Purism news often raise a loft of questions, some of which are recurrent. Among the questions I answer the most frequently are the following:
- Why didn't they chose Plasma Mobile? It's much more advanced
- Why won't they help Plasma Mobile as they promised?
- Do they support GNOME/push code upstream? (though, this questions happens less and less frequently as time passes)
- Porting GNOME to a mobile device is an ugly hack
- Their phone shell doesn't use GNOME technology
- Why hacking GTK+ 3 which is already obsolete?
- Their compositor is a fork of wlroots's example compositor rootston, which the founder told them in strong words not to do (actually he supports the project)
- Their code is not likely to make it to GTK+ 4 and GNOME Shell 4
The FAQ could benefit from a 'strategy' section answering some of those questions.
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information