Add HdyApplication and HdyApplicationWindow
I am wonder how convenient it would be have an application window implementing common design patterns.
How I see it:
- The window would directly include a
- When adding a column panel, it would automatically add the matching headerbar.
- All headerbars would be put in the same
- The currently visible column and the focus mode of the
HdyHeaderGroupwould be automatically synced.
- You could set a panel's horizontal expansion as a packing property.
- Each column would have its own
Problem: I don't know how to handle the automatic headerbars and the UI files yet.
tl;dr: all the basic window layout crafting we now have to document would be handled automatically.
We could go even further than that by giving the "about dialog" infos directly to the window, if it detects it it running in a narrow environment, rather than displaying a dialog it could display an in-window about panel (the toplevel widgets of the window would be stacks), otherwise it would just forward these info to a traditional
GtkAboutDialog. I'm not sure how useful it would be. This application-level info could be carried by some