Pull SCSI updates from James Bottomley:
"This is mostly update of the usual drivers: qla2xxx, hpsa, lpfc, ufs,
mpt3sas, ibmvscsi, megaraid_sas, bnx2fc and hisi_sas as well as the
removal of the osst driver (I heard from Willem privately that he
would like the driver removed because all his test hardware has
failed). Plus number of minor changes, spelling fixes and other
The big merge conflict this time around is the SPDX licence tags.
Following discussion on linux-next, we believe our version to be more
accurate than the one in the tree, so the resolution is to take our
version for all the SPDX conflicts"
Note on the SPDX license tag conversion conflicts: the SCSI tree had
done its own SPDX conversion, which in some cases conflicted with the
treewide ones done by Thomas & co.
In almost all cases, the conflicts were purely syntactic: the SCSI tree
used the old-style SPDX tags ("GPL-2.0" and "GPL-2.0+") while the
treewide conversion had used the new-style ones ("GPL-2.0-only" and
In these cases I picked the new-style one.
In a few cases, the SPDX conversion was actually different, though. As
explained by James above, and in more detail in a pre-pull-request
"The other problem is actually substantive: In the libsas code Luben
Tuikov originally specified gpl 2.0 only by dint of stating:
* This file is licensed under GPLv2.
In all the libsas files, but then muddied the water by quoting GPLv2
verbatim (which includes the or later than language). So for these
files Christoph did the conversion to v2 only SPDX tags and Thomas
converted to v2 or later tags"
So in those cases, where the spdx tag substantially mattered, I took the
SCSI tree conversion of it, but then also took the opportunity to turn
the old-style "GPL-2.0" into a new-style "GPL-2.0-only" tag.
Similarly, when there were whitespace differences or other differences
to the comments around the copyright notices, I took the version from
the SCSI tree as being the more specific conversion.
Finally, in the spdx conversions that had no conflicts (because the
treewide ones hadn't been done for those files), I just took the SCSI
tree version as-is, even if it was old-style. The old-style conversions
are perfectly valid, even if the "-only" and "-or-later" versions are
perhaps more descriptive.
* tag 'scsi-misc' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi: (185 commits)
scsi: qla2xxx: move IO flush to the front of NVME rport unregistration
scsi: qla2xxx: Fix NVME cmd and LS cmd timeout race condition
scsi: qla2xxx: on session delete, return nvme cmd
scsi: qla2xxx: Fix kernel crash after disconnecting NVMe devices
scsi: megaraid_sas: Update driver version to 07.710.06.00-rc1
scsi: megaraid_sas: Introduce various Aero performance modes
scsi: megaraid_sas: Use high IOPS queues based on IO workload
scsi: megaraid_sas: Set affinity for high IOPS reply queues
scsi: megaraid_sas: Enable coalescing for high IOPS queues
scsi: megaraid_sas: Add support for High IOPS queues
scsi: megaraid_sas: Add support for MPI toolbox commands
scsi: megaraid_sas: Offload Aero RAID5/6 division calculations to driver
scsi: megaraid_sas: RAID1 PCI bandwidth limit algorithm is applicable for only Ventura
scsi: megaraid_sas: megaraid_sas: Add check for count returned by HOST_DEVICE_LIST DCMD
scsi: megaraid_sas: Handle sequence JBOD map failure at driver level
scsi: megaraid_sas: Don't send FPIO to RL Bypass queue
scsi: megaraid_sas: In probe context, retry IOC INIT once if firmware is in fault
scsi: megaraid_sas: Release Mutex lock before OCR in case of DCMD timeout
scsi: megaraid_sas: Call disable_irq from process IRQ poll
scsi: megaraid_sas: Remove few debug counters from IO path