Pull updates of sound stuff from Takashi Iwai:
"Here is the first big update chunk of sound stuff for 3.4-rc1.
In the common sound infrastructure, there are a few changes for
dynamic PCM support (used in ASoC) and a few clean-ups. Majority of
changes are found, as usual, in HD-audio and ASoC.
Some highlights of HD-audio changes:
- All the long-standing static quirk codes for Realtek codec were
finally removed by fixing and extending the Realtek auto-parser.
- The mute-LED control is standardized over all HD-audio codec
drivers using the extended vmaster hook.
- The vmaster slave mixer elements are initialized to 0dB as default
so that the user won't be annoyed by the silent output after
updates, e.g. due to the additions of new elements.
- Other many fix-ups for the misc HD-audio devices.
In the ASoC side, this is a very active release, including a quite a
few framework enhancements. Some highlights:
- Support for widgets not associated with a CODEC, an important part
of the dynamic PCM framework.
- A library factoring out the common code shared by dmaengine based
DMA drivers contributed by Lars-Peter Clausen. This will save a
lot of code and make it much easier to deploy enhancements to
- Support for binary controls, used for providing runtime
configuration of algorithm coefficients.
- A new DAPM widget type for regulator supplies allowing drivers for
devices that can power down unused supplies while active to do
without any per-driver code.
- DAPM widgets for DAIs, initially giving a speed boost for playback
startup and shutdown and also the basis for CODEC<->CODEC DAI link
- Support for specifying the number of significant bits on audio
interfaces, useful for allowing applications to know how much
effort to put into generating data for a larger sample format.
- Conversion of the FSI driver used on some SH processors to
- Conversion of EP93xx drivers to DMAEngine.
- New CODEC drivers for Maxim MAX9768 and Wolfson Microelectronics
- Move audmux driver from arc/arm to sound/soc
- McBSP move from arch/ to sound/ and updates
Also, a few small updates and fixes for other drivers like au88x0,
ymfpci, USB 6fire, USB usx2yaudio are included."
* tag 'sound-3.4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound: (446 commits)
ASoC: wm8994: Provide VMID mode control and fix default sequence
ASoC: wm8994: Add missing break in resume
ASoC: wm_hubs: Don't actively manage LINEOUT_VMID_BUF
ASoC: pxa-ssp: atomically set stream active masks
ASoC: fsl: p1022ds: tell the WM8776 codec driver that it's the master
ASoC: Samsung: Added to support mono recording
ALSA: hda - Fix build with CONFIG_PM=n
ALSA: au88x0 - Avoid possible Oops at unbinding
ALSA: usb-audio - Fix build error by consitification of rate list
ASoC: core: Fix obscure leak of runtime array
ALSA: pcm - Avoid GFP_ATOMIC in snd_pcm_link()
ALSA: pcm: Constify the list in snd_pcm_hw_constraint_list
ASoC: wm8996: Add 44.1kHz support
ALSA: hda - Fix build of patch_sigmatel.c without CONFIG_SND_HDA_POWER_SAVE
ASoC: mx27vis-aic32x4: Convert it to platform driver
ALSA: hda - fix printing of high HDMI sample rates
ALSA: ymfpci - Fix legacy registers on S3/S4 resume
ALSA: control - Fixe a trailing white space error
ALSA: hda - Add expose_enum_ctl flag to snd_hda_add_vmaster_hook()
ALSA: hda - Add "Mute-LED Mode" enum control