[ Guido Günther ]
- d/control: Bump wlroots dependency. Bumped to 0.10.0 since this is sufficient to build and run although 0.10.1 is preferred.
- build: Bump project version. This makes it match the version in the changelog
- PhocServer: Move startup command from config. No need to tuck away the command we run in config, it's only configurable via the command line.
- main: Use automtic cleanup for mainloop
- main: Use automatic cleanup for the server
- server: Get hold of the main loop. This allows the server to exit cleanly
- server: Exit when session exits. This allows e.g. a systemd unit to properly restart compositor and shell in case of session crash. It also allows to support logout under display managers like GDM. Prerequisite for phosh#117 since we also need to updte gnome-session for this.
- Remove output mapping for devices and cursors. For cursors we don't have a real use and for devices we're going to make this default properly.
- output: Add helper to detect built-in panels. This is similar to what phosh does.
- roots_seat_configure_cursor: Pass roots_output. This avoids going back and forth between roots_ and wlr_output;
- seat: Map touch screens to build in displays by default. This is currently hard coded and can not be changed
- seat: Map tablet devices as well
- seat: Fix wrong struct type. Touch is not a pointer but 'struct roots_touch'
- server: Fix odd indentation
- server: Introduce debug flags. This keeps the number of arguments and variables under control.
- Parse debug flags from environment. This makes things more consistent with other glib applications and allows us to use expressive comma separated lists instead of command line flags.
- Use PHOC_SERVER_DEBUG_DAMAGE_TRACKING. This avoids passing boolean flags around
- Use PHOC_SERVER_DEBUG_TOUCH_POINTS. This avoids passing boolean flags around
- server: Introduce no-quit debug flag. This allow to not quit the session which is useful for e.g. phosh development where one wants to replace the running shell without the compositor caring.
- README: Document PHOC_DEBUG
- gitlab-ci: Enable coverage information
- README: add coverage information. This makes current coverage very visible
- README: fix cut'n'paste error
- d/copyright: Use correct licenses.
As per de56ea6b1e3cfa41981fd4dd349b0eef852aee23 we default to GPL-3+
(same as phosh). That's also consistent with the COPYING file.
src/*separate to respect the copyright notices brought over from rootston and keep the protocols under their initial licenses.
- server: Fix method name. We use it as finalize() but called it dispose().
- Don't destroy xwayland in phoc_server. We create it in phoc_desktop so it should be destroyed there as well. This also fixes a crash on server shutdown when the desktop wasn't even created.
- server: Track multiple setup. We currently track whether the singleton was inited which is broken since we have a weak ref. Rather make sure we don't setup the instance multiple times.
- server: Fix error output. We only create the backend, it's started later on in _setup().
- tests: Add simple test that runs a main loop
- server: Remove wayland source on shutdown
- server: Unset envvars on shutdown. It's always better to clean up but this also allows to run two tests using the wayland backend in the same process.
- tests: Properly finalize the server. So far we used the same server instance in all the tests which fails when we allow to run init just once.
- tests: Pass a phoc.ini. This one disables Xwayland since that causes trouble when restarting it multiple times and we currently don't need it.
- server: Use self conistently. We call the first method argument self elsewhere so this consistently in all methods.
- server: Move wl_display_destroy_clients() to dispose. This allows clients to shut down properly, we'll call into already freed objects like input. Note that wl_display_destroy() was never run since the wl_display was already NULL when and we were using g_clear_pointer().
- server: Call wlr_backend_destroy() in dispose. This allows wlroots to clean up and we can call wl_display_destroy () in finalize.
- input: Guard against NULL input. This one pops up often when wlroots or the server cleans up and this makes it obvious at a glance what's wrong. We can't use PHOC_IS_INPUT yet since it's not a gobject yet.
- README: document how to run the tests. This allows us to mention xvfb-run which is needed for screenshot comparison tests.
- protocols: Generate client protocols. These are needed by the tests
- protocols: Add wlr-screencopy-manager
- tests: Add testlib. This allows to run a wayland client against the compositor and to take and compare screenshot of the output. (Closes: #40)
- tests: Add simple client test. This validates that clients can connect and find their globals and also demos the library usage.
- tests: Add layer shell test. Initial tests to test layer-shell layout (since we had several surprises there). This also demos the screenhost machinery. For tests to succeed they need to run under e.g. xfvb since the mouse cursor might get placed differently otherwise.
- gitlab-ci: Don't reset xvfb between test runs. This should avoid connection failures with multiple tests. We do the same with libhandy.
- seat: Be consistent with whitespace. Let's not mix tab and spaces in the same function.
- seat: Don't notify activity on
set_cursorRather notify on tool set_cursor activity where it is important. This avoids setting activity events on
set_cursorwhen nothing really changed. To see what thi fixes blank the screen using
lock sreenin phosh with phosh!300 applied and see it wake up right away.
- desktop: Add getter/setter for maximization
- tests: testlib: Add server prepare hook. This allows to tweak the compositor configuration before launching the client
- tests: Wire up xdg_wm_base. This will be used in followup commits for xdg-shell testing
- tests: Add initial xdg-shell tests
- output: Enable new outputs by default. This was done by wlroots but isn't in 'recent' versions (which gives the compositor more room). (Closes: #130)
- phosh: Drop xdg-switcher interface. Instead of requiring a phosh/phoc lockstep upgrade post an error if a client wants to bind the protcol. This keeps the code we need carry minimal but we can still be backward compatible (this is not breaking clients that don't use that part of the protocol).
- input: Make_device_type() public public. While at that rename to phoc_get_device_type ()
- Rename virtual_keyboard.[ch] to virtual_[ch] We handle virtual pointer there as well.
- virtual: Use g_return_if_fail () instead of wlr_log () We can turn this into a type check later on and it makes sure log domains work correctly.
- Implement virtual pointer protocol
[ Arnaud Ferraris ]
- d/copyright: fix upstream files list and improve readability
[ Nícolas F. R. A. Prado ]
- Use default switch cases where they make sense. This removes -Wswitch-default warnings.
- Use default switch cases to report invalid values. This removes -Wswitch-default warnings.
- Add -Wswitch-default to compile flags
[ Jordi Masip ]
- build: add missing dependency 'libdrm' used for 'drmModeModeInfo'
[ Sebastian Krzyszkowiak ]
- cursor: Fix touch point surface attachment. Touch points should remain attached to surface they originate from regardless of the touch point position on screen.