Merge tag 'asoc-v4.15' of https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/sound into for-linus
ASoC: Updates for v4.15
The biggest thing this release has been the conversion of the AC98 bus
to the driver model, that's been a long time coming so thanks to Robert
Jarzmik for his dedication there. Due to there being some AC97 MFD
there's a few fairly large changes in input and the MFD layer, mainly to
the wm97xx driver.
There's also some drivers/drm changes to support the new AMD Stoney
platform, these are shared with the DRM subsystem and should be being
merged via both.
Within the subsystem the overwhelming bulk of the changes is in the
Intel drivers which continue to need lots of cleanups and fixes, this
release they've also gained support for their open source firmware.
There's also some large changs in the core as Morimoto-san continues to
mirror operations into the component level in preparation for conversion
of drivers to that.
- The AC97 bus has finally caught up with the driver model thanks to
some dedicated and persistent work from Robert Jarzmik.
- Continued work from Morimoto-san on moving us towards being able to
use components for everything.
- Lots of cleanups for the Intel platform code, including support for
their open source audio firmware.
- Support for scaling MCLK with sample rate in simple-card.
- Support for AMD Stoney platform.