Librem One services integration with GNOME Online Accounts
The goal is to enable the user to enter their Librem One credentials in GNOME Online Accounts (GOA), either as part of the GNOME Initial Setup (GIS) or by opening GOA after completing the initial setup. Then these credentials can be requested and retrieved from each Librem One service for the service to "just work". The Librem One services are: Mail, Chat, Social, and Tunnel.
The purpose of this user story is to identify (at a high level) what is needed (at the time of writing this) for each service to have this integration with GOA.
- Geary will be the email client.
- Geary already supports requesting credentials over dbus from GOA
- There has already been some work on Geary to port it to the Librem 5 but more adaptive work is needed.
- Chatty will be the 1:1 Matrix client.
- Unsure if Fractal supports requesting credentials over dbus, but if not then it would need to be added to Fractal
- There has already been some work on Fractal to port it to the Librem 5 but more adaptive work is needed.
- Currently GNOME Web works great for loading Librem One's Mastodon.
- Would be easy enough to create a webapp that loads social.librem.one on GNOME Web (epiphany --application social.librem.one or something similar), give it a desktop icon, and package it as a deb.
- Currently there is a script that the user needs to run on the CLI and that script does NetworkManager magic.
- For the phone, we would want some application (possibly Python) to be the front end to this script