Screen will not wake bug
What problem did you encounter
The phone will not wake back up up. Screen stays black and the phone needs to be power cycled to get back in use. (hold the power button down for some time twice to shut it off and boot it back up). I've waited hours to see if it would eventually come back on it's own, but it never does.
What is the expected behaviour?
Phone will wake up (screen comes on and shows screensaver/lockscreen).
How to reproduce
Steps to reproduce(follow EXACTLY this order):
- Phone must have a sim card and have cell data turned on
- Set the kill switches to the following:
- with Modem, and Wifi/Bluetooth hardware switched on.
- Mic/Camera hardware switch doesn't matter, though this has been tested most with it off.
- Press the power button to turn off the phone’s screen.
- Switch off the Wifi/bluetooth (hardware switch)
- Switch off the Cell Modem (hardware switch, both the wifi/bluetooth and modem switches should be off now)
- Wait 5 seconds
- Press the power button again to try to turn the screen back on.
What hardware are you running on?
Librem5 Evergreen Model
Relevant OS information
Running Latest PureOS Byzantium
Which kernel are you using?
Linux librem 5.13.0-1-librem5 #1 (closed) SMP PREEMPT Thu Oct 7 02:47:51 PDT 2021 aarch64 GNU/Linux
Which OS are you using?
root@librem:/# cat /etc/os-release ID=pureos NAME=PureOS PRETTY_NAME=PureOS VERSION_ID=10.0 VERSION_CODENAME=byzantium HOME_URL="https://pureos.net/" SUPPORT_URL="https://puri.sm/faq/#faq-WherecanIfindoutmoreaboutPureOS" BUG_REPORT_URL="https://tracker.pureos.net/" LOGO=pureos-logo-icon
Any other information that may be helpful?
Issue happens with 100% of my tests when following the above reproducer. It is not in any way itermittent.
- Turn off modem switch before the wifi switch and this issue will not occur.
- Keep the screen on when turning off the wifi/bluetooth and modem Forums post: https://forums.puri.sm/t/librem-5-wont-wake-bug/15014
This is particularly annoying as switching all of the switches off is a common use case for me, particularly wanting to switch the wifi off first.