Drop "enable purple accounts" option
There's currently an "enable purple accounts" option in Preferences to enable/disable libpurple, which exists because we use libpurple by default, and only one app can use libpurple at a time. This means other libpurple apps can't be used at the same time, even if you're not using Chatty e.g. only for SMS.
If you don't know/understand the technical background this option is confusing and a footgun to potentially break the app. People shouldn't have to care about these details, it should just work :)
Proposal for fixing this:
- Drop the option in preferences
- Disable libpurple by default. If Chatty isn't used for XMPP there's no reason for it use libpurple and potentially interfere with other apps wanting to use it.
- If someone adds an XMPP account and there's no other apps using libpurple at the moment we enable the plugin automatically
- If someone adds an XMPP account and there are already other apps using libpurple at the moment we show an error
- When the last XMPP account is removed we disable the plugin automatically