Horizontal list swipe misidentified as click.
Horizontal list swipe misidentified as click. Environment: phosh 0.17.0-1pureos1, pureos store, horizontal list, mobile L5, 720x1440, 200% scale.
Not sure here is the right place but when repeating the following steps the pure os ui doesnt behave as the user would expect when swiping:
- open pureos store app,
- switch to explore tab,
- see horizontal list of served app content,
- swipe right until the last app shows in list,
- swipe right one more time.
Observe app detail opens. What should happen is:
- nothing on swipe release,
- start list from beginning (right most served and displayed app in the list),
- if spring type animation exists use that to indicate user has reached the end (bounce back type animation).
What it should not be doing is interpret a swipe release as a click or select touch input.
Workaround: Use the arrow buttons instead. When selecting them through touch select at the end of the list the buttons behave as proposed in step 2. above (infinite leafing).
Outside of scope of this story but swipes in general, e.g. within the app switcher, on app closing, swipe up, are often interpreted as click or touch select, resulting in opening apps that the user wanted to close. So maybe this story is about improving swipe UI reliability and robustness.