First start confusions
I'm going through the quick start, and here's what I'm noticing that I'm finding a little confusing.
I will take into account that the quick start online reflects the state of the software that will be shipped next rather than what has been shipped already, although this is a problem when the paper version is confusing and the user wants to reach the online one for clarifications. Perhaps the paper version should refer to some "release branch" online that we can clarify while still describing what was actually shipped?
As for general observations (I won't mention things fixed in the online version over paper):
- the guide tells me that a SIM card is required (debatable)
- the need for first charge is indicated (great)
- the guide mentions a charge indicator, which is not there (confusing)
- the guide doesn't explain what should happen to the phone when it's plugged in and successfully charging: in my case the LED goes into a complicated periodic pattern, but I have no idea if it's intended
- the guide explains how long the power button should be held (good)