Issue with switching back to Norwegian keyboard layout in 'Chats' if switching to the Terminal or Emoji layout.
( this from my initial at https://gitlab.manjaro.org/manjaro-arm/issues/pinephone/phosh/-/issues/168 )
I notice that for some reason I can't switch back to Norwegian keyboard layout, if I switch to either 'Terminal' or 'Emoji' keyboard in the 'Chats' app. (chatty 0.2.0+277+gcd919ea-1 ,
The bullet menu (which in my case lists Norwegian, Emoji and Terminal) will still show as expected if tapping on the 'meridian globe' key; But clicking 'Norwegian' does not bring it back to having the æøå keys available. And the bullet menu selection indication will remain at either Terminal or Emoji layout .
Though I can however switch back-and-forth between Emoji and Terminal layout, with no apparent problems. But for some reason not back to my default Norwegian keyboard layout option.
- In 'Settings / Region & Language' everything will remain to show as normal and expected. (which in my case is US lang. with Norwegian's LC)
- 'Sliding up'/Closing and re-starting the 'Chats' app appears to not make any difference.
And atm my current workaround is then simply to reboot my pinephone...
I do not know if this issue might also be affecting other language keyboard layouts..
I'd be happy to provide any additional info that might help resolve this issue.
Weirdly, I just now tested adding 'English (US)' to 'Input Sources / Layouts'; And if i..
- Switch to 'Terminal' or 'Emoji' from default Norwegian layout.
- Then switch from either of those two, into 'English (US)' layout first.
- And then back to my default Norwegian layout
..Then Norwegian keys layout with æøå will return to normal.
So for the time being that's now my current workaround, rather than rebooting. :)
Skål! Happy easter, and thanks for your kick4ss stuff!!