With this change driver will benefit from existing phylib and thus
custom phy functionality implemented in the driver will go away:
* Instantiation of the driver is now much shorter - 2 parameters
instead of 4.
* Simplified phy management/functoinality in driver is replaced with
rich functionality of phylib.
* Support of custom phy initialization is now done with existing
Note that after this change some previously used config options
(driver-specific PHY configuration) will be obsolete and they are simply
substituted with similar options of phylib.
* CONFIG_DW_AUTONEG - no need in this one. Autonegotiation is enabled
* CONFIG_DW_SEARCH_PHY - if one wants to specify attached phy
explicitly CONFIG_PHY_ADDR board config option has to be used, otherwise
automatically the first discovered on MDIO bus phy will be used
I believe there's no need now in "doc/README.designware_eth" because
user only needs to instantiate the driver with "designware_initialize"
whose prototype exists in "include/netdev.h".
Cc: Joe Hershberger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Cc: Vipin Kumar <email@example.com>
Cc: Stefan Roese <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Cc: Mischa Jonker <email@example.com>
Cc: Shiraz Hashim <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Cc: Albert ARIBAUD <email@example.com>
Cc: Amit Virdi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Cc: Sonic Zhang <email@example.com>
Signed-off-by: Alexey Brodkin <firstname.lastname@example.org>