Roadmap: Completing MMS Support
I wanted to have a non-cluttered issue for what needs to be done to add MMS Support. Once this is closed, we can close #30 . Please do not spam this issue!
Bare minimum/MMS functionality (without this, MMS in Chatty does not work):
- Merge !768 (merged) . This adds mmsd support to chatty, along with various patches to incorporate functionality.
- Attachment support. !858 (merged) will fix this.
- Group MMS support. See #572 for a detailed issue tracker.
Ease of use/UI (UI functionality needed to make Chatty MMS not experiemental):
- Ability to change MMS settings in a UI. !849 (merged) will add support for it.
- Support for showing MMS inline instead of FIle URIs. See #566
- Send error/warning messages to the user (instead of just logs). See #327
Nice to haves:
- Ability to change Group MMS title (e.g. label chat "My Siblings" in instead of "Bob, Alice, Steve" or "My parents" instead of "Mom, Dad").
- Ability to force MMS off. Many folks do not desire MMS support (expensive, country does not support it).
- Ability to add or delete someone from a Group MMS. It is annoying to try to create a Group MMS to only realize you missed someone and have to make a new one.
- Support for sending an MMS with a Subject: MMS and mmsd-tng support sending a subject. While Chatty can decode and add a subject to receiving, it cannot send an MMS with a subject. This is seldom used however.
If I am missing anything, feel free to edit.